Basic Thai Massage Course | Professional Thai Massage Course
Thai Massage is a very ancient therapeutic art. It is a part of the traditional Thai Medicine which has parts of Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine mixed in it. It has a combination of Yoga postures to a passive level and the pressure on Meridians, Marma points and Sen Lines.
The massage is called Yoga Massage/Lazy Yoga or Thai massage. It incorporates the techniques of stretching as in Yoga and using the strokes of Massage.
The objective of practicing Thai Massage is to release stress of the body, regulating the physical and energetic levels of the body and unlock areas of the body that are without the appropriate energy flow.
The Thai Massage tradition is complex, there is considerable variations from region to region across Thailand and there is no single routine or theoretical framework that is universally accepted among the healers or practitioners.
This Massage is for everyone, even the disabled, fragile and elderly. Although there are certain contra-indications of this practice when it comes to doing on certain conditions and diseases.
The Thai Massage tradition is said to have been dated back 2,500 years. Throughout Southeast Asia Dr. Shivago Komarpaj or Jivaka Buccha Komar from Northern India is considered to be the father of Medicine and is lovingly and respectfully referred to as the “Father Doctor”.
It is in the ancient Pali Buddhist text where Dr. Shivago was known to be a physician to Buddha. He had extraordinary medical skills and knowledge of Ayurveda (herbal). His medical system was based on India’s Ayurveda and Yogic traditions.
Dr. Shivago Jivika is known to have treated along with Buddha many more known people of his time.
A Thai Massage session is between 60 and 120 minutes. It is performed on a padded floor mate which makes it easy for the therapist to manipulate the body of the client, creating a stable base to run the sequence in complete safety.
The client (the receiver) wears comfortable and loose clothing which will allow a wide mobility and prevent the therapist to slip, in case of sweaty skin.
Usually during a session, the four anatomical positions, supine, prone, lateral and seated positions are used. Sometimes for specific work a combination is also used.
The practice goes in upwards direction from the feet, stimulating the flow of blood towards the heart. It helps in warming the body progressively at the Musculo-Articular level.
At different levels of Thai massage the use of both hands, fingers, thumps, elbows, forearms, feet, knees, and legs are seen. The client and the therapist merge in full harmony whilst the session is progressive. It is a holistic approach of the body, emphasizing just not the prevention of pathologies but also helping to heal them.
- It increases the flexibility of the muscles, ligaments and tendons, while strengthening them and preventing tendon and muscle injuries.
- Helps improve pathologies like: Joint pains, Headaches, Back pains, Sciatica, Insomnia, Bad Blood Circulation, Anxiety, Fatigue, Stress and many more.
- It regulates moods, harmonizing the connection between Mind, Body and Spirit.
- The practice of stretching helps to improve the body posture.
- It improves the functioning of internal organs, the stomach, the respiratory system and many more allowing greater depth of breathing and relaxation.
- A sporadic Thai Massage will bring new and pleasant sensations to the body.
- Increases self-esteem as there is a healthy circulation of blood in the body, allowing the good functioning of the Mind and Body.
- It balances and restores the vital force that flows through our body.
- It promotes and facilitates Physical and Mental relaxation.
- It regulates the activity of the glands, improving blood circulation through stretching.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Tones the nervous system.
Thai Massage Sessions
The Sessions are 60 minutes, 90 minutes or 120 minutes.
For more information and make an appointment, please Contact Us.
Thai Massage Courses
All the Courses include Manual and Certification.
For more information about the Courses please see Basic Thai Massage and Professional Thai Massage or Contact Us.
Address: Cabarete, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.
Phone / WhatsApp: +1(809)477-3566
Email: [email protected]